For Product Management Office (PMO) professionals to apply Lean-Agile values and principles and economic prioritization, and develop skills writing epics, Capabilities, Features, and user stories within the context of SAFe.
SAFe PO/PMs enable product development flow, drive program execution, and operate in the enterprise to drive the continuous delivery of value.
- SAFe 5 PO Examination
- One year SAFe® Community Platform membership
- Experienced SAFe® Instructor
Develop the skillsets needed to guide the delivery of value in a Lean enterprise—and learn about the activities, tools, and mechanics used to manage backlogs and programs—by becoming a SAFe® 5 Product Owner/Product Manager (POPM). During this two-day course, attendees will gain an in-depth understanding of the Agile Release Train (ART), how it delivers value, and what they can do to effectively perform their role.
They will also learn how to apply Lean thinking to write Epics, break them down into Features and Stories, plan and execute Iterations, and plan Program Increments. Finally, attendees learn about the Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture, how to effectively integrate as Product Owners and Product Managers, and what it takes to relentlessly improve the ART.
- An introduction to PO/PM SAFe
- Incorporating the Lean-Agile mindset
- Exploring the role and responsibilities of Product Owner and Product Manager
- Being an effective SAFe Product Owner and Product Manager
- Managing solution value
- How to engage with stakeholders
- Building Communities of Practice
- How to continually strive for improvement
Objectives & Learning goals
- Apply SAFe in the Lean enterprise
- Connect SAFe Lean-Agile principles and values to the PO/PM roles
- Collaborate with Lean Portfolio Management
- Explore continuous value with Program Increment Planning
- Execute the Program Increment and deliver continuous value
- Articulate the Product Owner and Product Manager roles
- Create a role action plan
Who Should Attend
- Product Managers, Product Line Managers, Product Owners, Business Owners, and Business Analysts
- Solution Managers, Portfolio Managers, Program Managers, PMO personnel, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, Solution, and System Architects
Certified SAFe® Product Manager/Product Owner Examination
The exam for SAFe® 4.0 Product Manager/Product Owner is called the SAFe® 4 Product Owner/Product Manager Exam. The first examination attempt should be taken within 30 days from the course completion date. It’s a web-based exam that is provided by Scaled Agile. The fee for the exam is included in this course and the exam must be taken through an external body. Successful completion of the exam will give you a one-year membership to the Scaled Agile with access to members-only resources.
- Multiple Choice and True or False
- 59 Questions
- 60% Pass mark (35 out of 59)
- 30 days from course completion to answer all of the questions and submit the exam
- Open book