Several high-profile cases of personal data loss and breaches of confidential information, with a significant number of incidents coming from the health sector, have, however, focused and renewed the requirement for all healthcare staff to have an awareness of their responsibilities in using and safeguarding sensitive information.
- Developed by a qualified legal professional
- Accredited by CPD
- Fully online course and assessment with no time limits
- Full audio voiceover
- Approximate duration: 2 hours
- On completion, certificate is posted the next working day
The aims and objectives of this online Information Governance and Data Security training course are to:
- Provide the learner with a clear understanding of the legislation regarding Data Protection and Information Governance,
- Provide awareness of how to handle safe and sensitive information,
- Provide essential tips on how to keep information safe in practice, and
- Improve knowledge of GDPR compliance requirements.
This online Information Governance and Data Security training course covers the following:
- Introduction to information governance,
- Why information governance is essential,
- Information requirements for health and social care organisations,
- The law and standard codes of practice about information governance,
- The Caldicott Principles for information governance,
- The role of Caldicott Guardians,
- Subject access requests under the Data Protection Act,
- Freedom of Information (FIO) requests,
- Duty of confidence (the common law duty of confidentiality),
- The importance of good quality record keeping,
- Critical principles for information security,
- Individual responsibilities for information governance,
- Understand the compliance requirements under GDPR, and
- Where to find useful information about information governance (online learning resources).
The purpose of the assessment is to enable organisations to measure their compliance against the law and central guidance and to see whether the information is handled correctly and protected from unauthorised access, loss, damage and destruction.
Information governance describes the holistic approach to managing information by implementing processes, roles and metrics to transform data into a business asset. The purpose of the information governance framework is to formally establish an organisation’s approach to the handling and management of information.
Who should attend
This online Information Governance and Data Security training course should be completed by health and social care workers who routinely access personal and sensitive information, including:
- Agency and locum health and social care workers,
- Doctors and medical locums,
- Dental practice staff,
- Registered nurses,
- Allied Healthcare Professionals (AHPs),
- Healthcare Assistants (HCAs),
- Social Care Support Workers, and
- Voluntary Staff working in the NHS, private and voluntary sectors.